Medical Authorization Centre Analyst
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Medical Authorization Centre Analyst Department: Federal Administered Programs Competition: 5046 Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Moncton Salary: $34,500 Reports To: Team Leader Closing Date: July 31, 2019
What's in it for you?
What makes us a different kind of employer? We WANT you to have a career that provides work-life balance, and helping you achieve this is important to us. This career opportunity offers no overnight shifts, no weekends, a pension contribution and because we are in the health business - paid benefits and perks to keep you at your very best.
We are looking for a Medical Authorization Centre Analyst who is a critical thinker interested in helping health care professionals; who thrives in a fast paced environment where they are the face of our team. Our award winning culture, leaders who really care, unmatched training and support are all dedicated to ensure you are set up for success. We want you to stay and grow with us so we ensure that you have the resources to reach your professional goals.
Common goals and collaboration is what we are all about. We offer:
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise;
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day;
- We pay you to become awesome - we offer comprehensive paid training;
- Opportunities for career development and advancement;
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts;
- A great work environment from your co-workers to a work space to call your own;
- A bright facility that offers free parking;
- Consistent schedule with various shift options, no weekends! A 7.25 hour work day with the hours of 12:15 pm to 8:30 pm;
- Base salary of $34,500.00 plus benefits and perks;
- Income growth opportunities.
Your every day with us:
We are a centre of expertise specializing in the authorization and reimbursement of health, dental and pharmacy benefits. As a Medical Authorization Centre Analyst, you are on the front line receiving health related incoming calls, faxes, mail and web based requests from health care professionals. In this role you will ensure all necessary information is obtained to process the authorization requests and resolve issues while demonstrating your above and beyond focused attitude.
What you need to succeed:
- You like helping people - this is non-negotiable;
- You are a good communicator - you are clear, concise and friendly;
- Bilingualism is an asset in this role, but not a show stopper;
- Whatever it takes attitude, you like a new challenge every day;
- You have earned a post-secondary diploma or degree and/or relevant working experience in customer service or office administration;
- Strong technical aptitude - you can multitask and navigate between multiple software applications simultaneously;
- You can handle the good and challenging calls/cases;
- You are a problem solving master with strong critical thinking skills, you understand client needs and learn quickly how to get the best results in any environment.
- Are you currently in a medical/office administration role? Let us tell you why we would be worth considering for your next career move
- Maybe you are not a Medical Authorization Centre Analyst…. yet. But you are looking to make your next big move towards a career with Medavie Blue Cross. Let us help you carve your path into the exciting and ever changing world within our team
Did we get your attention?
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmacy, Healthcare