Client Implementation Manager
Maitland Group is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients.
Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. It has 15 offices in 12 jurisdictions 1,100 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration. Maitland Administration (Canada) is located in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-in-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complexity and deliver simplicity.
Summary of the position
The Client Implementation Manager will work on North America Hedge Fund implementations.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities:
The Client Implementation Manager will be expected to operate at a senior level across a mandate covering several of the categories as outlined below.
Implementation process management responsibilities:
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders regarding matters pertaining to implementation project activities to ensure a streamlined and effective implementation;
- Take a "hands on" approach to the implementation project: the workload will include activities such as managing the Static Data setup and maintenance, Transaction Processing, Valuation and Fund Accounting;
- Document all processes prior to handover to the operations team;
- Providing subject matter expertise on client implementations;
- Execution of client implementation projects in line with Maitland methodology and within the constraints of quality, scope, time and cost;
- Creating and maintaining the scope of work and associated project plans, managing deliverables accordingly;
- Manage client and internal expectations regarding deliverables, with regular client and internal project meetings as needed;
- Manage implementation project risks and impacts and ensure appropriate control measures are provided and implemented;
- Facilitate client training, workshops and client engagement opportunities;
- Contribute to team knowledge and process optimisation by sharing new learnings and advising on how templates can be improved upon.
Technical operational responsibilities:
- Setup of the necessary system infrastructure required to correctly provide for the fund structures and fund processes as stipulated in the offering documentation;
- Liaison with third parties to establish all connectivity required for any transactional processing related to the fund(s);
- Interpretation of the offering documents and fund structures to establish the necessary fee calculation and accrual mechanisms required;
- Oversight and assistance for operations to be able to ensure all transactions are processed timeously and accurately in order to produce the deliverables as per the agreed service level agreement;
- Ensure that any migration reconciliations are signed off in all systems prior to live reporting;
Banking relationship and management responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain banking relationships with the various banking institutions utilized by our clients;
- Forge new relationships in an effort to give our clients a variety of banking options;
- Be responsible for the full banking process for new relationships and funds;
- Resolve bank due diligence requests for existing accounts from various banking institutions;
- Research wire inquiries with appropriate team and help to facilitate a resolution.
Investor and Fund AML KYC responsibilities:
- Collect and maintain client initial AML KYC documentation with submission to the AML KYC officer for sign-off before live date;
- Assist AML KYC Officer with on-going annual compliance reviews on both funds and investors;
- Communicate with fund managers and service providers;
- Enter and maintain contact information for new clients within the firm's transfer agency system;
- Request outstanding documents from the client or service providers as necessary;
- Report suspicious activity to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer;
Centralization of relevant fund documents and agreements:
- Obtain and analyze offering memorandums together with the operational team, ensuring that all setups reflect the relevant operational stipulations;
- Responsibility for implementing and maintaining the centralization of all pertinent fund legal documentation on an initial and regular basis or as required in conjunction with other departments in order to ensure the relevant changes are incorporated into the operational environment.
Program status management and reporting:
- Produce, update and disseminate regular status reporting across the implementation pipeline to all stakeholders;
- Report any delays, risks, issues and dependencies to facilitate effective program management;
Skills and experience required:
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance;
- A minimum of 6 years' professional experience in the Fund Administration industry;
- Knowledge of AML KYC procedures and operational compliance;
- Experience in managing complex business situations;
- Experience in managing people;
- Ability to define and implement management processes;
- A strong process orientation and analytical skills;
- An affinity for technology based solutions;
- Able to multi-task on several high demand projects at one time;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent documentation skills (business & technical);
- Innovator & self-starter with high energy and drive;
- Experience in client service management, including the ability to respond quickly while under pressure;
The Client Implementation Manager will be based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and shall report directly to the Manager - Client Implementation based in Halifax.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package and be eligible to participate in the firm-wide discretionary bonus scheme.
Please send cover letter and resume by e-mail only.
Business location: Bedford, Nova Scotia