As Product Manager at Eigen Innovations, you will play a significant role in helping Eigen accelerate the adoption of intelligent process control and scalable AI-enabled solutions within Industrial Manufacturing.
You will be our resident expert in understanding what's happening with emerging technologies in our target market and how it impacts Eigen's product strategy. You will also serve as the voice of the customer informing what features and products Eigen should develop and invest in.
The ideal candidate…
- Is passionate about building products that solve BIG problems for our target personas: Process engineers, Production Supervisors, Factory Operators and Quality Managers.
- Possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- Enjoys spending time with customers to understand market problems and, most importantly, finding innovative solutions that solve real problems.
- Is comfortable making recommendations and influencing others with imperfect information and a keen sense of urgency.
- Knows how to lead without authority and is comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity.
- Loves collaborating within a high performance team culture.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by validating target markets through customer interviews and market research.
- Be responsible for articulating product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product schedules with your design and engineering teammates. Work closely with software development and engineering to specify requirements and assist in product design guidance on interactive design, user experience, and feature functionality
- Execute within an iterative product development lifecycle and ensure product roadmap and requirements enable the product development team to execute on cadence and at velocity
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
- Create user stories for current and future products based on the market's problems.
- Work closely with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Conduct competitive analysis to determine product features and pricing. Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat.
- Work with marketing to define initiatives to create demand within key market verticals and horizontal markets including print media, trade shows, direct marketing, web marketing, and product trainings.
- Provide input to marketing staff to ensure they are able to generate high quality sales aids such as product guides, press releases and web content.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Perform ongoing analysis and propose necessary actions to ensure continued marketability of the product line.
- Oversee user research sessions.
- 2-5 years of technology marketing, product management or experience in tech.
- Excellent people, management and communications skills.
- You must be curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with target buyers and users and be a strong writer/speaker. You will also be interacting with all areas of the company.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack, JIRA, Aha and Salesforce.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Proven track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- This position requires domestic and international travel to customer and potential sites up to 25 percent.
- Not mandatory but definitely a plus:
- Experience with Pragmatic Institute's framework.
- Experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean start-up principles.
- Subject matter expert/industry experience.
- This is a full-time position in Eigen's Fredericton office
Work With Us
We empower Industrial Manufacturers to increase the profitability of their global enterprises by deploying scalable intelligent process control and AI-enabled solutions on their factory floors. We are a young company, operating at an aggressive and fast pace, with innovative self-starting individuals. If you meet the above qualifications and are looking to contribute within a high performance team you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.