Ocean Capital Holdings Limited, a privately held company with its Corporate Office located in Saint John, New Brunswick, has an immediate opening for an Investment Analyst. This position reports to the Manager of Investments and will have direct involvement with the complete investment process.
This position will be of interest to those pursuing or have recently completed the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. As an integral member of the investment team you will be challenged to accept increasing levels of responsibility as you develop your skills and reputation.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis for equity, fixed income, and alternative investments, summarized as follows:
- Weekly portfolio reviews.
- Monthly performance reports.
- Quarterly Investment report to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and provide reporting and analysis of externally managed portfolios.
- Perform research projects to identify and analyze investment themes and ideas.
- Assist in the evolution of processes related to investments.
- Use Bloomberg terminal, Addepar, and Thompson Reuters reporting to facilitate holding specific and portfolio level analysis.
- Annual review of Investment Policy Statements.
- Assist in sourcing and implementing new tools to further automate processes.
- Interface with Ocean Capital's investment managers and advisors on a regular basis.
- Ensure investments are in compliance with investment policy statements.
- Stay current with economic and market news and grow in understanding of financial markets.
- Keen interest in Investing / Financial Markets.
- Strong comfort level with investment software and evolving technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience, but all candidates with a minimum of an undergraduate degree will be considered. Experience with Bloomberg terminals and Thompson Reuters reporting will be considered an asset.
The employment offer will include a competitive salary and benefit package. Please apply here with a cover letter and resume. If you are unable to upload a cover letter, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.