Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Social Services
CLASSIFICATION : Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 9 months)
FTE : 0.5
HOURS OF WORK :
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
The job involves professional intervention in social work. The incumbent will be required to work with pediatric clients and their families as well as with adult clients. The incumbent will also perform clinical work in the planning and delivery of social work services in compliance with professional standards. The work will be centred on the needs of adult inpatients and pediatric inpatients and outpatients and will require active teamwork. It will involve participating in the planning and implementation of departmental or program activities and may include activities in the areas of quality improvement, performance management, and collection of statistics, student training, and research.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Computer skills (Meditech module and Microsoft Office suite)
- Demonstrated leadership, teaching, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload
- Proven ability to function in a changing work environment
- Proven ability to solve problems, make decisions, and resolve conflicts
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable
- Ability to travel within the province
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work
- Good work history (performance and attendance)
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment