Operations Manager for the Solid Waste Management Services
Under the authority of the Director of Solid Waste Management Services, the Operations Manager is responsible for activities related to the landfill and water treatment at the Red Pine Landfill site in Allardville, NB. The Operations Manager oversees the implementation of the strategic vision in the day-to-day operations in accordance with the mandatory regulatory requirements.
- Manage all activities and staff related to landfill operations, water treatment and maintenance.
- Control expenditure according to approved budgets as well as the verification of the financial results of all daily operations.
- Plan infrastructure work, equipment and staffing requirements, technical assistance needs related to the development of the landfill operations, including processing systems and maintenance of the site in general.
- Develop and coordinate policies, procedures and productivity standards.
- Establish good working relations with all parties from the public and private sectors.
- University degree in Civil Engineering
- Member of a Provincial Association of Professional Engineers for a minimum of 5 years
- Experience in human resources management in a unionized environment
- Solid knowledge in the field of construction and groundwork including basic surveying
- Basic knowledge in solid waste management and the treatment systems used
- Knowledge of both official languages is a requirement (French and English)
Candidates must submit their application to Carolle Roy, Executive Assistant at Chaleur Regional Service Commission, 702, rue Principale, Unit 130, Petit-Rocher, NB E8J 1V1. Tel: (506) 542-2696; Fax: (506) 542-2642 or by email to info@csrChaleurRsc.ca.