Physical Security Manager
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
PHYSICAL SECURITY MANAGER
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a full-time, permanent staff role reporting into the VP, Programs and is based in Halifax NS.
- Years of Experience: 10 years of investigative/supervisory experience in policing/law enforcement
- Valid Level II security clearance or ability to obtain
- All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
The ISI Physical Security Manager will have primary responsibility for the following:
- Leading investigations pertaining to criminal, labour relations, and security occurrence reports;
- Developing and complying with an overall Corporate Security and Loss Control Policy and program for the organization;
- Managing the relationship and service standards with our onsite contracted security;
- Detailing the security incident response program and protocol and ensuring the program is tested and understood throughout the organization;
- Providing direction for security searches of employees and vehicles upon entering and exiting all sites;
- Physical Security overview of new site construction, meeting Department of National Defense (DND) specifications;
- Preparing and managing annual department budget including security services, vehicle and maintenance, monitoring costs, etc.
- Performing installation, repair and ongoing maintenance of all security products and equipment on our property including cameras, alarms and tracking equipment;
- Providing security coverage of special onsite and offsite events
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.