Associate Agriculture, Commercial Banking
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
Apart of the Commercial Banking Line of Business at CIBC you will join CIBC's Commercial Banking team to provide support to account teams through client acquisition, relationship management and credit management processes as well as providing transactional support for client specific financing solutions. As an Associate, Agriculture Commercial Banking, you proactively leverage your in depth Agriculture industry knowledge to assist Commercial managers through promoting the CIBC brand among the local Agriculture community and maintain key relationships within the agriculture sector.
How You'll Succeed
- Business Development Support - Assist Managers, Commercial Banking in coordinating agri-business activities through the sales cycle and liaising with other units of CIBC as necessary. Assist with the execution of business development initiatives through contribution to the achievement of growth targets by identifying business opportunities and developing financing solutions to meet the needs of the client. Participate in Agriculture industry and community related events.
- Research & Analysis - Assist in analyzing business growth opportunities through comprehensive industry, client and prospect research. Prepare analyses in support of credit submissions including structuring and documentation
- Client Service - Proactively assess our clients' needs and propose solutions to deliver to meet those needs. Interact with assigned clients as required to facilitate prompt response to questions, enquiries or issues in order to provide "best in class" service. Apply acquired industry/company knowledge to the development of client/prospect proposals for financial and strategic solutions to meet client needs.
- You have a Degree in Agribusiness, Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- You are a team player and have the ability to work well within a group setting. Must have the ability to work on teams that generate ideas and implement solutions for clients.
- You put our clients first. You have strong client and relationship management skills. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions.
- You have a solid understanding of financial statements and accounting principles including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis. Knowledge of commercial banking products and service offerings is an asset.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact. You have strong client and relationship management skills, and can demonstrate an aptitude for business development (sales) skills.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Winnipeg-1 Lombard Place 7th
However this may change dependent on business need.