Asset Specialist (Toronto territory)
We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You will act as an integral member of the market leadership team, and work in an assigned territory to enhance and drive major sales and product support activities in alignment with national sales strategy of CIBC Asset Management. As an Asset Specialist, the overarching mandate is to partner with CIBC retail market leaders to build sustained sales force capability and confidence in order to increase overall product sales and leverage client business.
How You'll Succeed
- Product Knowledge and Support - Provide subject matter expertise and sales support for key products such as mutual funds, pooled wrap products, and funds products, as well as personal and business deposit solutions, including payment products and services, chequing accounts, savings accounts, and GICs. Provide this expertise through sales presentations, promotional road shows, conferences and investor seminars to external audiences. Create awareness of national and local marketing programs and leads the successful introduction of new product launches
- Sales Support - Partner with market leaders in building advisor capability, identifying capability gaps, and providing solutions primarily through group coaching formats that leverage scale, such as advisor forums, district and cluster meetings, webinars, conference calls, etc. Provide guidance and subject matter expertise to advisors on assessing and analyzing client needs, product suitability, selling of products, use of tools, negotiation, closing of sales, and cross-selling based on the particular client needs
- Sales Strategy Development- Perform competitive market analysis and support the development and execution of business plans with market leaders. Proactively identify sales opportunities to enhance market penetration and help drive the initiation of new sales leads. Support market activities targeted at developing new external business sources (e.g. provide materials to advisors for client education seminars)
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in wealth management and have expert knowledge of proprietary wealth management products as well as competitive offers. You will bring strong process knowledge from Retail, Small Business and Private Banking. You also have experience in an advisory sales role; additional experience supervising sales people is an asset. You have superior sales coaching and consulting skills along with excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- You are a certified professional. You have completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or Certified Financial Planning (CFP). Completion of or enrollment in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is an asset.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
18 York Street, 13th Floor
However this may change dependent on business need.