Midland Transport in Dorval, QC
RECRUITER / TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, Courier Services, and Third Party Logistics/ Brokerage which provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Transport is seeking a full-time Recruiter based out of Dorval, QC, reporting to the Manager of Talent Acquisition. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing one point of contact for Hiring Managers regarding all recruitment and selection needs.
Successful candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree with 3 - 5 years of experience sourcing top talent using various recruitment channels including social media, resume mining, and networking;
- Ability to communicate and recruit in both English and French (written and verbal)
- Experience recruiting within the transportation industry is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience using an applicant tracking system
- A track record for bringing forward new and creative solutions to recruiting opportunities
- A keen eye for detail and demonstrating a high sense of urgency in delivering high quality customer service;
- Work closely with Midland's Quebec Regional Operations and Linehaul Departments to develop recruitment strategies and programs that provide for effective recruitment of drivers, owner operators, dock workers and office staff; meeting the demands of all operations within Midland Transport.
- Develop and execute comprehensive recruitment marketing plans (including social media platforms) to source qualified candidates;
- Build and maintain a network of contacts to ensure a pipeline of talent is readily available to meet business needs;
- Evaluate applicants using a variety of screening and assessment techniques to identify qualified applicants. Arrange interviews and testing as required, update applicant records, and ensure the Applicant Tracking System is up-to-date at all times;
- Compile recruitment data, identify emerging recruitment trends, and prepare reports as required.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.