Careers in Motion – Business Intelligence Analyst Student – Fall 2019
Transportation and Logistics Divisional Services in Saint John, NB
Careers in Motion - Business Intelligence Analyst Student - Fall 2019
This role is open to co-op students.
As a Careers in Motion (CIM) Business Intelligence Analyst Student, you'll live the CIM story every day. Gain exposure to a number of J.D. Irving businesses, especially in the transportation sector. Experience quick-hit training sessions that provide lifelong benefits. Our programs give you the opportunity to lead your own projects, adding to a portfolio you can leverage after graduation.
The Transportation and Logistics division of J.D. Irving, Inc. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors (www.jdirving.com). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future through our business digitization initiatives.
We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Our division is currently seeking a?Business Intelligence Analyst Student.?This position will be based?in our Head Office in?Saint John, N.B.
The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and detail. In this position, you will work with the various key stakeholders in our businesses as required.
- Provide support to the diverse companies throughout the Transportation and Logistics division
- Explore and characterize data available to business units/teams
- Develop and implement predictive & descriptive models
- Serve as a data and/or analytic resource for initiative-based teams
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- In positive academic standing
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Experience working with Tableau or other data visualization and analytics tools like: SPSS, Alteryx, or Power BI; as well as experience with Linear Models, Non-Linear models, clustering and modeling/machine learning, Python would be considered an asset
- Attention to detail, ownership and willingness to seek and take on challenges
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
RST Industries Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.