Procurement Contract Specialist
The Corporate Group in Dieppe, NB
PROCUREMENT CONTRACT SPECIALIST
J.D. Irving, Limited is looking for candidates for the full time position of Procurement Contract Specialist.
Headquartered in Dieppe, New Brunswick, the Irving Moncton Group of Companies has plants, terminals, operations and sales office throughout Canada and the United States. We are a dynamic, rapidly growing and successful group with diverse interests. We're proud to be part of the larger Irving Group of Companies, a family owned business whose commitment to quality products and services dates back over 135 years.
Reporting to the Director, Process Excellence within the Corporate Procurement department, the Procurement Contract Specialist will support the contract management activities - including contract audit, compliance monitoring, contract administration and contract negotiations - to assist buyers, category managers and strategic personnel in procurement and transportation / logistics departments within the organization, for both Canada and the United States.
- Review, assist in drafting, editing and negotiating contract terms and conditions directly with internal customers and suppliers.
- Execute and support all aspects of the contract life cycle management process for procurement (supplier) contracts from contract creation / drafting, negotiation, administration / record management, and compliance tracking / audit through contract renewal or termination.
- Advise Procurement / Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing professionals, internal clients and other stakeholders at all levels regarding contract terms and conditions, including, resolving complex contractual and business issues.
- Work with Corporate Legal on the delivery of legal training and deployment of best practices, tools and templates across the Global Procurement organization.
- Review Requests for Proposals and Negotiation Plans to identify and address business risks, including financial, performance related, indemnification, export, reputation, and other risks to be mitigated in the scope of the contract negotiation.
- Ensure consistently high quality and accuracy of contract documentation with special attention to the effective documentation of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators to mandate strong supplier performance.
- Work on multiple projects at any given point in time.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of an LLB or JD degree from a Canadian University.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience related to legal contract administration and/or management.
- A professional designation from the International Association of Contract and Commercial Managers ("IACCM") and /or willingness to pursue.
- Strong grasp of Contract Management Administration and Legal Language.
- A high-level understanding of Procure to Pay process would be an asset.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, organize and multitask while working in a fast-paced environment and adhering to deadlines.
- Highly enthusiastic, ambitious and curious.
- Possess a strong sense of pride and responsibility for your work.
- Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence.
- Detail oriented, flexible and a team player that is client service oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong technical proficiency using in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using Cobblestone and/or Jaggaer would be considered an asset.
What We Offer:
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience, along with a comprehensive package including:
- A dynamic, safe and rewarding work environment
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits package
- Life and disability insurance
- Enrollment in company RRSP matching program
- Wellness benefits including Fitness and Weight Management Reimbursement
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discounts and perks
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by July 14, 2019. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
We appreciate your interest in our company; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.