Senior Analyst, Treasury Reporting and Analysis
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As a Senior Analyst, Reporting and Analysis you will support the Director in delivering on certain reporting requirements, and will also provide ongoing project delivery support for Asset Liability Management Treasury Reporting and Quantitative Risk Management (QRM). The role is responsible for the preparation of the Reconciliations, Dashboards and ALM Reporting. You will also support additional Treasury reporting requirements as they are developed and implemented over time. In this role, you will engage in continuous improvement activities to improve, streamline or automate processes and reporting following initial project implementation and ensure required process and methodology documentation is up to date as per compliance requirements. You will also lead/contribute to the development of business requirements, technical implementation and testing processes as per project lifecycles.
How You'll Succeed
- Production Processes - manage production processes related to monthly, weekly and daily reporting cycles, creating reports to support measurement and management of structural interest rate risk, analyzing output, investigating data issues and other related tasks.
- Reporting Tools - actively participate in development, refinement and customization of additional reporting tools as well as participate in monthly reconciliation processes and will provide input to the ALM team with respect to the production processes, reconciliation and data issues and report output as appropriate.
- Collaboration - work closely with Data Management, Technology and POM teams on resolving production issues in a timely manner.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You give meaning to data. You pay attention to details, enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You can demonstrate experience in financial reporting, in areas of valuation and risk measurement. You have practical and theoretical knowledge in Treasury or capital markets and an understanding of key finance/trading concepts. It's an asset if you have experience with QRM, fixed income principles and some proficiency with methodologies for quantifying and analyzing interest rate risks. Programming ability in a high level programming language would be an asset as well.
- You have a degree/professional qualification in Finance, Accounting or a quantitative field (CA, CFA, FRM) with experience utilizing SQL.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full-time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.
- You may experience work pressures as a result of delivering on multiple tasks within tight deadlines and making quick decisions on a daily basis.