Senior Manager - Process Engineering
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll lead end-to-end processes management and/or process re-engineering projects and implement process improvements that enhance client experience and generate the right kind of profitability. As a Process Engineering Senior Manager, you'll use your experience to provide aggressive leadership on key projects to improve the quality of key processes that impact our clients. You'll work closely with your team and lead the planning, development, and implementation of a process strategy that will build the bank of the future.
How You'll Succeed
People Leadership - You have the ability to assist others in identifying development needs and opportunities, define individual role & responsibility, assess performance of others and define staffing needs
Leadership - You have the ability to identify and work to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful attainment of process / productivity improvements that will lead to an improved client experience and profitable revenue growth. You understand the banking environment and have the ability to navigate the organization to drive change. You have experience teaching process engineers and associates in all or in specific aspects of process engineering and other improvement methodologies.
Problem Solving - You can develop imaginative solutions and new ways of thinking about situations, problems and opportunities. You have experience planning, supporting and provide training and coaching in Process Engineering and other improvement methodologies to executives, process owners, process engineers, associates and others.
Task Achievement - You have a track record of driving and tracking projects to successful completion. You can provide management with project status updates, feedback and appropriate reporting on key process-focused objectives.
Interpersonal Relations - You have excellent communication skills and can communicate/present clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization. You can develop various strategies to convince others and build support for process improvement recommendations.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in applying an improvement methodology within a similar role. It's an asset if you hold Lean Six Sigma certifications.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning, including LSS training provided by the CIBC Centre of Excellence for Lean Six Sigma
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- Industry Recognition: Be a part of a team that is internationally recognized through process improvement industry awards
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit