Autocue, CTV Atlantic, Bell Media
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
This position is responsible for assisting in the preparation and coordination of elements for live broadcasts under the direction of the show Producer and / or Director. Duties include:
- Load and operate teleprompter for recorded segments and live broadcasts
- Write/produce voiceovers, vosot's, sotvo's as required for Morning News from evening reports
- Write Weather Watcher scripts
- Print scripts and rundowns for news programs
- Research stories for broadcast
- Production assistant training and duties as required
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary education in Broadcasting, Journalism or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- Accuracy, including timing, spelling and other content elements
- Ability to be accurate under the pressure of live programming
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience with iNews is a definite asset
- Must be a team player who can work well under pressure, meet deadlines
- Previous work experience in a live broadcast environment is an asset
- Previous control room experience is a definite asset
- Job status: Temporary - Part Time
- Hours of Work: Overtime as required, weekends, early mornings, and evenings as required
- Location: 2885 Robie Street, Halifax, NS
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Temporary - Part Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 09/18/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax