Infrastructure Program Manager
Bell Aliant in Saint John, NB
Req Id: 235805
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell's communications services for businesses and consumers. We're looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Successful candidate will be accountable to act as a subject matter expert within the Access Management team to drive Incident, Problem and Change Management of Shared Infrastructure Access portfolio used by Bell Canada internal employees and partners. The candidate will be a team player with a proven ability to gain consensus and provide exceptional communication at all levels within the company.
- Accountable for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of Access and Authentication solutions
- Will work with our technology partners and delivery teams to understand solution offerings
- Assess change tickets for completeness and risk prior to approving - MOP, Back-Out Plan, Test Plans, Risk & Impact Assessments complete and accurate
- Ensure no other conflicting changes are taking place during the same time period
- Adhere to any embargos on change during the year
- Attend the OTSS Change Board weekly call to review and provide details on upcoming changes and answer any questions from the business
- Assess whether changes need to be reviewed at the weekly change review based on risk or environment and business requirements
- Facilitate prompt and efficient resolution of incidents while providing clear and timely communications to affected stakeholders throughout
- Ensure incident, request, and problem management processes are followed as required and reviews reports/meets with support teams and/or application owners to prevent re-occurrence of the problem
- Maintain an up to date knowledgebase of current service practices and techniques
- Ensure support partners keep current with knowledgebase and continuously seek hardening opportunities to address known infrastructure issues
- Help drive service improvement initiatives
- Provides weekly status reports on service interruptions detailing root cause and resolution
- Provides monthly metrics reporting on key service metrics
- May require evening and weekend work
- 24x7 availability through a scheduled duty manager rotation
- Strong leadership skills
- 3-5 years of incident management experience
- Understanding of and experience in Problem, Incident and Change Management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Possess very strong customer focus
- Professional approach in your dealings with others
- Excellent problem solving techniques and trouble analysis skills
- Able to engage in multiple priorities at once, making efficient and timely decisions
- Well organized, with the ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
- Proficient at designing presentations and reports using Microsoft Office tools
- Comfortable presenting reports to team members and/or leaders
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the technical aspects of the infrastructure used to deliver services
- ITIL Certification
- Prior experience working with Authentication and Identity Management tools - Microsoft Identity Management, Oracle Directory Server, Microsoft Active Directory, Sailpoint
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Prince Edward Island : Charlottetown || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 06/25/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , NB , Saint John