Senior Manager - Advanced Analytics
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll manage a high-performance analytics team at the heart of CIBC's Financial Crimes Technology group, successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale big data analytics and cloud projects involving EDH, Azure and other back-end systems. As a Senior Manager, you'll oversee the planning, design, development and implementation of big data analytics and reporting projects that will form the foundation of the data, reporting, machine learning and AI strategy for FCT. You'll work closely with your team to ensure appropriate delivery of support services, and ensure adherence to standards and operating procedures.
How You'll Succeed
- Strategic Development & Execution - Lead the ongoing strategy, execution and management of the projects. D efine and manage resource requirements and allocations, monitor and improve quality, and ensure 'best practice' incident management protocol. Analyze manual functions (procedures/systems) within the environment and access provisioning streams to identify features and considerations, which must be incorporated into application requirements. Respond to changing business priorities and system defects or outages (e.g., re-plan, re-prioritize, re-allocation of resources, etc. Make recommendations regarding the ongoing viability of the projects based on ability to deliver upon agreed functionality within approved budget and schedule for medium to large complex projects
- Understanding Requirements - Track and analyze operating environment for specified services and implement corrective actions as needed. Work with clients and internal partners to determine, negotiate, and manage services to the agreed standards. Monitor service levels to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend appropriate solutions.
- People Leadership - Lead and coach a high performing group team of individuals. direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team . Share knowledge and collaborate to come up with effective solutions to problems.
- Relationship Management - Work closely with clients and business partners to develop, test, and implement application program. Impact and improve the business by advising application owners on the technology possibilities and requirements.
Who You Are
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends
- You have a degree/diploma in Computer Science, Business, and/or a related field.
- You can demonstrate experience using Big Data technology using Spark and Scala for 3-5 years, Cloud technology with Azure for 2-3 years, and Analtyics Reporting using Tableau/PowerBI. You have experience leading a technology team, executing on projects, delivering results, and managing relationships with executives enterprise-wide for 3-5 years.
- It's an asset if you are familiar with CIBC internal EDF process, ECM(CHG, INC), Anti Money Laundering (AML) industry, Information Security, Cyber Security and if you previous experience in the Banking sector.
- You have strong knowledge of : Big Data Analytics and Cloud technology (Spark, Scala, DataBricks, Azure, SQL, Tableau), Github, Jenkins, Artifactory.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit .