Senior Scrum Master II
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be the change agent in driving transformational change across many areas of the business. As a Scrum Master, you'll advocate the Scrum values, principles and practices, model agile behaviors and mindset, and help bring a product vision to life in collaboration with the product owner and the team. Using your skills in helping the teams to better collaborate, resolve conflicts and to work towards continuous improvement and value delivery. You will act as a 'servant leader' in your role as a Scrum Master.
How You'll Succeed
Agile Champion - You are a Scrum Champion. You can facilitate scrum activities and guide teams through transformation towards continuously learning and improvement.
Collaboration - Work closely with teams and product owners to discover and implement Agile best practices. Collaborate with Agile Coaches and change agents to help the organization transform and adopt a growth mindset.
Coaching & Facilitation - Leverage your expertise to coach, educate, and facilitate individuals and teams about agile and scrum methodologies. Coach teams to implement agile practices and drive change. Ensure your team is on track by coaching to achieve higher levels of scrum maturity.
Facilitation and Training - Train teams on Scrum Process and Agile mindset and Agile methodologies.
Who You Are
You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best. You are living Agile and Scrum values and principles daily.
You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
You look beyond the moment . You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
You're familiar with using Agile techniques (User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, and Agile Games) and other approaches discussed in the Agile space (XP & Kanban) and can help with introducing them to the right teams at the right time
You're a certified professional. It's an asset if you have your Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification. It's also an asset if you have knowledge of Build Automation and Deployment Automation tools.
You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
Values matter to you . You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive : Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop : Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper : Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com .
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit