Financial Analyst, Treasury Product Control
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As an Analyst for the Treasury Accounting and Product Control Centre of Excellence, you will join CIBC's Finance department to produce daily Profit & Loss and Risk reporting to Front Office and Finance stakeholders. You will be accountable for variance analysis and reconciliation, as well as P&L decomposition and explanatory review. You will also assist in verifying the accuracy of booked trades, anticipate, investigate, and resolve a variety of changing and diverse problems in order to ensure that daily reporting requirements are met. You will act as a point of escalation for more junior analysts.
How You'll Succeed
- Financial Analysis - Produce daily Risk and Profit & Loss (P & L) reports for various groups, prepare commentary and analyses to explain, day over day, month over month, and quarter over quarter P&L fluctuations, and produce month-end packages. Provide supporting/analytical activities to various business groups.
- Reconciliations and Controls - Confirm and reconcile closing market risk positions to ensure Front Office has accurate information for hedging its portfolios, and perform daily control and reconciliation of systems to ensure accuracy. Perform daily control and reconciliation of systems to GL to ensure accuracy. Assist in verifying the booking of trade tickets, conduct GL and P&L reconciliation and provide comments and analysis, and adhere to regulatory guidelines. Document, maintain, and understand the various organizational controls as they relate to assigned books, and take preventative action to head off anticipated problems. Review the booking of trade tickets, apply the daily control procedures designed to detect an error or omission in trade capture (may include validation of physical positions found in commodities portfolios) to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Manage Service Level Agreements - Meet and/or exceed all documented Service Level Agreements with business partners to ensure Service Excellence is achieved.
- Collaboration and Support - Provide related supporting activities to Front Office, Risk Management and Finance, which includes decomposition of P & L by risk factors ensuring business partners understand the underlying drivers of P & L having been reviewed by the BIA team. Assist with business initiatives and projects, assist in the development of new reports, and testing of new systems and or processes to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You have a degree in Economics, Finance, Commerce, Accounting and/or 2 - 3 years related business experience.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You can demonstrate experience and knowledge of Capital Markets and/or Treasury, various Financial Instruments and products, as well as pricing and settlement practices of Bonds, Repo, Swap, Options, Futures, and Foreign Exchange. You understand basic VBA code to solve production issues and the ability to run pre-coded queries in MS Access to process results.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Your hours will be based on our banking centre operations, and you may need to work days, evenings and weekends.