Consultant, Business Transformation Strategy %26 Insights
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
Financial Planning & Advice brings together financial planning service support, specialized advisory services such as Tax and Estate Planning, Business Transition, Wealth Strategists along with Financial Planning Consultants. These groups create a center of excellence to enhance delivery of our integrated Wealth Management offer. Financial Planning and Advice is part of the Commercial Banking and Wealth Management Team
What You'll Be Doing
This position will collaboratively provide thought-leadership on strategic opportunities in support of the Financial Planning and Advice team. The role is focused on increasing the productivity and effectiveness of the FP&A Team, supporting the design and delivery of FP&A initiatives.
Reporting to the Director, Business Transformation, the consultant will be responsible for the production of regular insights on the FP&A team performance and will work with internal partners to lead the development of business management/measurement tools and solutions that improve the effectiveness of the FP&A specialists teams.
How You'll Succeed
- Participate in the development of new tools or services by assessing the impact, effectiveness and feasibility of proposed changes (review options and proposals to ensure alignment with client needs and FP&A strategic direction)
- Work with internal partners including Finance, CB&PWM Analytics, and WM Technology to proactively identify measurement and business management needs and lead the development of solutions to address emerging needs
- Provide advanced, detailed analytical support to the FP&A specialists team
- Prepare and present detailed findings to Senior Management including recommendations to improve existing measurement tools and reports
- Build and develop relationships with key contacts in Finance, CB&PWM Analytics, WM Technology, and other internal partners in CB&PWM to become a true partner of the FP&A team
- Prepare project status updates and related Management/ESC presentations
- Design and develop sophisticated forms/reports/programs for use in gathering factual and conceptual information
- Ensure data currency and integrity, maximum operational efficiency, and consistency with the business unit goals/objectives/approach
- Perform in-depth analysis of research information for the purpose of developing responses and recommendations for use by management, consultants, and others
- Conduct moderate feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis to clearly depict all possible options and recommended courses of action
- Provide decision-making support through insights on internal and external analytics, reports, and commentary
- Assist the with insightful/strategic analysis of data mined for strategic initiatives
- Assess opportunities to increase the efficiency of report generation and processes to improve the timeliness and availability of data analysis
- Work closely with internal business partners including Finance and CB&PWM Analytics to ensure alignment of analysis and look for synergies in reporting
- Assist with the annual and multi-year project planning process
Who You Are
- Demonstrated experience in a client focused environment or progressive years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility within a project management or data analysis environment
- Strong analytical judgment and conceptual thinking
- Well-developed consulting skills and the ability to build trust influence and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC's values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Experience in Project Office/Administration.
- Working knowledge of CIBC program management processes, controls and methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills -ability to produce a variety of business documents that demonstrate command of language, clarity of thought and orderliness of presentation.
- Able to work effectively within a complex fast paced environment, dealing with issues and managing conflicting priorities while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to develop and leverage professional working relationships
- Ability to manage confidential materials in an appropriate manner
- Ability to employ and leverage knowledge of the organization and the supported business unit's uniqueness to carry out accountabilities
- Must be diligent in adhering to appropriate processes relating to confidentiality of information.
- Problem Solving--Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems.
- Project/Program Coordination experience , including knowledge of and experience with maintaining a central repository of project documentation, plans, reports and history to provide a knowledge center for project managers
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. The working environment is fast paced and extended hours can be expected.