Sr. Application Developer
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
In this role, you will join the CIBC's Enterprise Data Hub team and you'll build, implement and maintain solutions that support and enhance of the enterprise Data Lake capabilities. You will support initiatives related to ingestion into EDH as well as consumption from EDH. As an Advisory Application Developer, this role requires involvement into the requirements, design and hands on development process.
How You'll Succeed
- Develop & Design - Lead the design and development of specifications, develop and build code, perform code reviews. Test, debug, document, and manage changes to ensure the successful implementation and maintenance of programs.
- Analyzing Business Requirements - Research and analyze business requests and recommend solutions.
- Coordination - Participate in production and user acceptance testing support to troubleshoot complex problems on applications and technologies. Effectively interact with stakeholders, end users, business analysts, and technical resources to gather requirements and prepare design specifications as instructed by senior team members. Coordinate change ticket implementations.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in 3-4 years of hands-on development expertise with Cora Java or Scala as well as Python and SQL. 2-3 years of experience with Hadoop and Big Data technologies. Preferably you have previous exposure to data ingestion and consumption and are well versed with building scalable Data frameworks. It's an asset if you have previous experience with Hive, Oozie, HiveQL, Hive UDFs, Sqoop, Spark, Impala.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision. You are passionate about client service - You want the work you do each day to result in a positive client experience.
- You have a degree/diploma in Computer Science.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive : Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop : Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper : Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit