Financial Analyst, Capital Markets Accounting (Contract)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
Aligned with the Finance guiding principles, the Capital Markets Accounting team provides strategic advice and financial support to the Capital Markets businesses. As a Financial Analyst, Capital Markets Accounting, you will assist with the month-end accounting and reporting processes to support downstream stakeholders such as Regulatory Reporting and Consolidation groups. You will work closely with the Capital Markets Technology, Project Management, and other COEs to support your team on the project and on any other ad hoc tasks.
How You'll Succeed
- Accounting and Controls - You drive accurate, complete, and timely inputs to the various reporting groups. Provide accounts attestation and ensure all balance sheet accounts are substantiated. Inspire adherence to timing in Service Level Agreements and support the investigation and analysis of different methodologies by liaising with the Front Office, the CFO group, Accounting Policy, Reporting COE, Reconciliations COE and Operations.
- Fast Learner - ability to quickly understand complex financial instruments and systems in order to clearly communicate any business requirements and to work alongside Technology teams to resolve issues.
- Organization & Time Management - Utilize strong time management skills, which ensures that you can manage conflicting priorities to meet tight deadlines and produce high-quality work under pressure. You are able to effectively track open issues and questions as well as outstanding information requirements, and follow-up promptly on these items.
- Communication - Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills which allow you to effectively communicate with senior leaders and partners to provide business updates and resolve issues.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You can demonstrate experience in excel. It's an asset if you have a good understanding of the capital markets business and knowledge of common financial instruments .
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Your hours will be based on our business needs, and you may need to work days, evenings and weekends
- Please note that this is a 6-month contract position.