Analyst, Client Services, AML / KYC (12 Month Contract)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
The Analyst is required to conduct Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Client (AML/KYC) due diligence and to oversee the onboarding of clients through a complex internal structure that involves several different groups, people, and applications. The Analyst also provides support to the strategic direction of the Client Services group, under the leadership of the Head of Client Services.
Reporting to the Director, Client Services, the Analyst is accountable for successfully onboarding new Capital Markets clients and conduct periodic risk reviews of existing clients in a high quality and timely manner.
What You'll Be Doing
- Follow Client Services Procedures and Processes to ensure accurate, smooth and seamless onboarding for Capital Markets clients and front office.
- Act as the single point of contact for the client by addressing their issues and concerns and providing resolutions to their on-boarding queries.
- Conduct research and inquiry to obtain document requirements for the initiation of on-boarding Capital Markets clients to CIBC.
- Reach out to the client requesting documentation for onboarding purposes. Ensure the client is followed up in a timely manner to obtain all documentation
- Disseminate relevant information and provide adequate explanation to the client and respective internal teams on the documentation requested.
- Review all documentation received from the client and open sources and ensure the correct reference data is set up for the client in client onboarding system and correct client information and/or attributes are provided to internal partners on a timely basis to enable account opening or setup.
- Serve as the single point of contact for front office sales and internal teams (e.g. Credit, Legal, etc.) for queries surrounding the onboarding of clients.
- Responsible for reporting and facilitating status meetings with internal stakeholders to identify and resolve any issues. Escalate issues in a timely manner to the right contacts surrounding the onboarding process for the clients covered.
- Liaise with global project teams and regional stakeholders ensuring requirements and improvements are implemented, as needed.
- Must maintain a high level of knowledge of Capital Markets business products as well as AML/KYC standards, and partner with peers to deliver timely results for clients.
- Must be able to quickly assess factors that affect the AML risk profile of a customer in order to make timely decisions and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Work within a challenging, fast paced environment where priorities often shift and time pressures demand a rapid response to requests from the trading floor for trading authorization.
- Focused attention to details when conducting AML due diligence.
- Work in a dynamic team environment where sharing of skills and knowledge is critical.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- Industry Experience.
- Analyst: 1- 3 years of experience in a Client Relationship Management (AML / KYC) and governance/compliance role supporting Capital Markets products and clients
- Communication . Individual must be vigilant in delivering results, have strong attention to detail, and focus on overcoming obstacles. Focus on delivering a seamless and smooth "client experience" regardless of the complexity of the Capital Markets internal infrastructure. Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize and multi-task. A "can do" attitude is a must with a passion for driving solutions. Ability to successfully influence many different groups and individuals to deliver high quality and timely deliverables. Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues, where appropriate. Strong results-orientation that includes adherence to deadline while maintaining high quality results/output . Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, including clients and front office individuals. Strong sense of accountability and ownership over "client experience" and end-to-end client on-boarding processes.
- Technical . Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals. Adaptable, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment. Comfortable working with a team and individually to deliver results. Strong working experience with Microsoft Word. PowerPoint and Excel. Understanding of Capital Markets infrastructure, applications, and businesses/products.
- Detail Oriented. Review and hold individuals responsible for performance metrics and service level agreements. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time management skills.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- Often required to work beyond normal business hours.
- Required to make frequent decisions in a fast paced work environment