Financial Services Associate
CIBC in Fredericton, NB
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As a Financial Service Associate you will provides sales support to assigned Commercial Banking Managers in managing their portfolios and maximizing their productivity by providing administrative support and high quality customer service to customers. As a member of the CIBC Commercial Banking team, you may be assisting the Manager, Commercial Banking with specialized knowledge in credit, investments, small business or other areas identified to meet client needs.
How You'll Succeed
- Client Engagement - Service the financial needs of clients in partnership with the Manager(s) and coordinate transactional needs of customers. Assist Commercial Banking walk-in clients with their requests during times when the Manager is not available and resolve customer issues, concerns and/or problems promptly.
- Problem Solving - Listen, ask questions, and put yourself in the client's shoes. Act like an owner by taking accountability for client issues, and know when to lean on others to find solutions.
- Organizational Skills - Assist the Manager by booking client appointments, uncovering sales opportunities and preparing client files using tools required to provide the ideal client experience
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You have initiative and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Experiences you bring. You have have developed strong knowledge of banking products and services through your prior work experience in Financial Services. Commercial Banking experience will be considered an asset.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.
- Employees can choose to work from either of our Fredericton or Moncton locations.