Senior Manager, Service Analytics, Technology Finance
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Senior Manager, Service Analytics is responsible for providing leadership on financial information and processes for Technology business partners on business cases, projects, proposals, decision support financial analysis. Working with the Sr. Director Finance, the role is accountable and responsible for managing the decision support and business case financial analysis of complex / high dollar projects/proposals, monitoring benefits from CIS/Projects. T he candidate will provide information, analysis, make recommendations and suggest consequences of proposed actions for management consideration. The position will work closely with the other internal finance groups, senior technology leadership teams and the business areas as required.
How You'll Succeed
- Conceptual skills - see the "big picture" in a complex environment includes identification of opportunities to optimize long term spend while achieving in-year targets. You will advise the senior leadership on business cases / initiatives to manage financials with a view to the future.
- Problem solving and analytical skills - possess the ability to elicit necessary information to provide value-added advisory services to internal business partners, analysis and recommendations on business case / initiatives financials. Throughout these activities you will identify potential issues/problems and provides timely solutions.
Communication skills - effectively articulate and "sell" ideas/recommendations created by analysis, interpretation, and assessment and obtaining agreement with business partners. You will build and maintain a close working relationship with your business partners in both Technology and Finance, thru collaboration, meetings and providing through financial recommendations.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You put our clients / business partners first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You have a degree in a related discipline with an Accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA) and or MBA in Finance, as well as 7-10 years' experience in the management of financial operations including strategic business planning, forecasting and financial analysis.
- You can demonstrate experience in financial business support, forecasting and championing continuous improvement attitude. It's an asset if can provide decision support, collaboration and critical thinking.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week, there are heavier than normal workloads around Quarterly and Annual Planning cycles.