Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
Competition #: 6-6439 EXT
Salary: $27.9548 to $36.6728
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY : Chaleur Regional Hospital - Bathurst
DEPARTMENT : Clinical Nutrition
CLASSIFICATION : Dietitian/Nutritionist 1 (DT01)
STATUS : Casual
HOURS OF WORK :
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED START DATE : As soon as possible
JOB SUMMARY :
Be responsible for the delivery of a full range of clinical nutrition services designed to meet the nutritional needs of the outpatient and at times to the inpatient clientele. The incumbent will be responsible to assess patient's nutritional needs and provide nutritional intervention according to their needs. The incumbent will have to provide individual or group teaching. He/she will have to complete support work, such as statistics and reports.
- Member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Dietitians;
- Certified Diabetes Educator with the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board - CBECB would be an asset;
- Experience in clinical nutrition with the diabetic population would be an asset;
- Leadership qualities, human relations skills and self-motivation;
- Initiative, excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.