Solutions Architect - Financial Crimes
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As a Solutions Architect - Financial Crimes, you will join CIBC's Enterprise Architecture team (working with the FCC Domain Architect) to set the direction across the enterprise for the development and management of data assets and ensure that project and program architecture align to the Enterprise Financial Crimes vision. Under the supervision of the FCC Domain Architect, you will work closely with senior stakeholders across different lines of businesses to formalize an overall strategic direction for the evolution of data architecture for CIBC. You will be responsible for the IT Financial Crimes Architecture of systems that support the brands and business units that form part of CIBC; additionally you'll ensure the effective delivery of the mid to long term enterprise Financial Crimes strategy via strategic programs, that protect the CIBC IT estate from misuse or attack, focusing on the prevention of online transaction fraud and money laundering.
How You'll Succeed
- Technical & Analytical Skills - Support the FCC Domain Architect with developing and instituting architectural frameworks for managing financial crimes assets and ensuring their alignment to benefit the Enterprise e.g. framework to ensure alignment of reference/conceptual/logical/physical models. Comprehensive understanding of how controls protecting data, application and networks can be integrated into the system protection architecture.
- Leadership - Provide leadership and mentoring to architects in financial crimes related areas and in support of data architecture deliverables and alignment with an Enterprise Data Strategy
- Communication & Agility - Communicate and a chieve buy-in from senior business and technical leaders and drive adoption of strategic ideas to achieve agreed objectives.
- Industry Knowledge - Strongunderstanding of the regulatory and technology landscape that drive best practice financial crime management supporting IT strategies such as Mobility, Cloud and Virtualization.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in IT Environment (knowledge of organization's total information technology environment), Financial Crimes Architecture (knowledge of concepts, philosophies and tools behind the design of applications, information and underlying information technologies), and decision making and critical thinking (knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems).
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
- At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.