Fixed Income Analyst, FI Implementation (Contract)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
CIBC Global Asset Management Inc., which operates under the brand name CIBC Asset Management, is one of Canada's largest asset management firms with over $60 billion in assets under management. We are leaders in providing a broad range of high-quality global investment management solutions to retail and institutional clients.
Our assets include those under institutional money management for pension funds, endowments and insurance funds, private wealth management, and those that are part of the CIBC family of mutual funds such as CIBC Mutual Funds and Renaissance Investments family of funds and the CIBC family of managed portfolio solutions such as Managed Portfolio Services (MPS), Personal Portfolio Services (PPS), Frontiers Pools, Axiom Portfolios, Sequence Portfolios. CIBC Asset Management is part of the CIBC Wealth Management group.
At CIBC Asset Management, our goal is to help our clients achieve what matters to them. Our philosophy is based on the CIBC values of Trust, Teamwork, and Accountability and we achieve results for our clients through an in-depth disciplined investing approach based on rigor and research.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
This is a position under the Fixed Income Investment Services Group. As a small team that serves as a contact point across the entire organization, under the direction of the Manager, the individual is required to work in a fast paced environment, having to prioritize and multi task a number of different items that may arise. The main responsibilities of the incumbent are to manage the daily trade activity, prepare reporting, analyze and troubleshoot trade issues, analyze trade activity to ensure trades are being done in line with policies and procedures, assist with in-kind transfers, portfolio rebalances and complete adhoc requests as required.
How You'll Succeed
- Reconciliation: Reconciliation of previous day's trade activity in Bloomberg against SS&C. Analyzing and resolving discrepancies as required.
- Confirmations & Settlements: Managing confirmation process of trades where applicable. Investigating and solving any outstanding settlement issues in liaison with the back office, brokers and PMs. Determining downstream impact of changes to trades due to settlement discrepancies.
- Reporting: Produces highly sensitive regulatory, internal and client reporting accurately and efficiently.
- Managing the daily trade activity - required to work autonomously in handling daily trade activities which includes but is not limited to - ensuring trades are flowing through from front office to back office systems, troubleshooting and escalating issues as required, setting up securities accurately and efficiently, ensuring overdrafts are covered, monitoring fx batches, liasing with data steward to ensure data integrity in trading system and addressing other ad hoc issues as it relates to trading.
- PM Support - Assist with troubleshooting issues in Bloomberg as required, attending to ad hoc request and generating reports on request.
- Monitoring activities - analyzing daily and weekly trade activity to ensure trading is being done in line with controls and policies. Performing quarterly monitoring activities to ensure account data is up to date.
- Projects: Assist the team in various projects as required - requirements gathering, testing, etc.
- Assist in completing inkind transfers, portfolio rebalances and completing various adhoc requests from across the organization.
- Challenge Status Quo/Generated new Ideas - challenge legacy tasks that may no longer add value, take initiative to find new ways to improve efficiency and accuracy.
Who You Are
- Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Finance, University degree with specialization in finance.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in finance.
- Experience in handling settlement issues is an asset.
- CFA completed or in progress is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office.
- Experience using FMC, PC Bond and Bloomberg AIM is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Autonomy, initiative, sense of responsibility and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to understand/ explain/ resolve complex issues.
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Ability to multi task while meeting tight deadlines.
- Autonomy, initiative, sense of responsibilities and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a temporary full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.
- Contract will run from Sept 2019 - Sept 2020