Senior Manager, Capital Markets, Accounting Business Initiatives and Analytics
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
Capital Markets (CM) Controllership team at CIBC is responsible for ensuring accuracy and validity of reported results for all Capital Markets lines of business with primary focus on trading products. The Senior Manager in the Accounting Business Initiatives and Analytics (BIA) team is accountable for providing in-depth advice to our partners in Front Office, Infrastructure groups (Operations and Risk), CFO and other Finance teams relating to implementation of new products, initiatives, and systems. BIA is integral in execution of complex accounting investigations and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives relating to end-to-end Finance processes supporting CM products. Youwill assist in the resolution of routine and non-routine financial accounting and reporting issues by investigating, analyzing and providing an informed and independent opinion or recommendation on compliance issues, changes to policies, adequacy of operational controls, risk assessment, and control activities. You will actively participate in projects of high level of complexity to enhance and upgrade new and existing programs, products or services by researching relevant data and developing proposals and recommendations.
How You'll Succeed
- Analyzing Business Requirements - Research and analyze specialized financial information, recommend and implement solutions to issues and problems that arise during the ongoing operation of business.
- Relationship Management - Utilize good teamwork, partnership and relationship building skills sufficient to act in a collaborative manner given team members and stakeholders different backgrounds and experiences. You will liaise with Finance, Capital Markets Front Office, Operations and other stakeholder groups on accounting technology for new initiatives/processes to ensure efficient issue solutions.
- Project Management - Possess highly developed organization and prioritization skills in order to handle multi-tasking, balancing and prioritizing a number of projects, processes and problems given a work environment of increased expectations around control, service, and accounting transparency. You are a problem solver, self-starter, taking hands-on approach, able to deal with moderately complex finance issues.
- Analytics development - Lead analytics development projects with key stakeholders and business specialists.
Transformation - Drive continuous improvement and assist in development of new systems and processes in order to enhance the overall efficiency of the department. Collaborate to determine business needs and the analytical or financial support required to aid in the effective Capital Markets business decision making process and provide input on issues and insights on new systems initiatives. You have strong interest in technological innovation, familiarity with application of technology tools, such as Alteryx, RPA/IPA, and Artificial Intelligence. You would be excited to lead implementation of these and other tools across different teams. You will have advanced working knowledge of major systems used to capture trades (xTrader, ADP, WallStreet, Bloomberg TOMS, other similar and relevant systems) and ability to apply that knowledge to assist managers or staff, or other areas of the bank.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience as an Accountant/Auditor/Consultant - demonstrating experience in order to advise on oversight over accounting functions supporting Capital Markets. This includes enhancement of financial controls across multiple groups (FO, Operations/Back Office, Reconciliations, and Technology). You have strong knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting requirements for Financial Instruments.
- Certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing in a CPA with 4 years of relevant work experience. MBA,CFA , or certifications in Data Analytics would be considered an asset.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical, analytical thinking skills, and sound judgement help to inform your decision making.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.