Sanitation Service Technician - Paradise, NL
Chandler in Paradise, NL
SANITATION SERVICE TECHNICIAN
B and B Sales is the newest division of Chandler. Established in 1970, their mission is to provide the best in Janitorial, Hotel, Motel, Restaurant and Club furniture, equipment sales, supplies and service throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. B and B Sales has branch offices located in Corner Brook, Grand Falls-Windsor and Paradise, NL.
We are adding to our team at B and B Sales in Paradise and require a Service Technician to provide service to our customers, predominantly in Eastern Newfoundland.
The qualified candidate will be responsible to provide maintenance and repair services to chemical and other types of dispensing and janitorial equipment located in our client's facilities. Our market includes the Hospitality, Industrial and Institutional sectors, including restaurants, hotels, nursing homes, hospitals and food production facilities.
- A background in general repair, minor plumbing and electrical repair would be extremely beneficial
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service industry equipment as outlined in the role
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changing work schedules including some overnight travel
- Documented time management skills with detail for keeping accurate records
- Proven ability to make sound decisions and recommendations
- Mechanically inclined for basic pumps and dilution systems
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Must have the ability to comfortably lift over 50 pounds
All duties noted below include the ability to be on call for emergency repairs after hours.
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance checks and record appropriately
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner
- Follow all company's procedures and protocols
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations
- Build positive relationship with customers
The ideal candidate will be provided a full training program to orient them with our specific equipment. To the right person we will provide;
- Attractive salary
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Cell telephone
- Comprehensive Health Benefit plan
- Group RRSP plan
- Enjoyable work environment
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by May 3, 2019.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Chandler is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.