Video Journalist, Temporary
Bell Aliant in Halifax, NS
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
- Generating, developing, researching, and setting-up original story ideas focusing on local news.
- News reporting: including conducting interviews, script writing and voicing
- Utilizing of ENG equipment & digital editing to shoot and edit stories.
- Setting-up and operating live equipment (i.e. Dejero boxes and/or Dejero App, Atlas Kits, etc.).
- Live reporting.
- Consistent social media engagement.
- Writing web copy and providing web content as necessary.
- Developing contacts and sources.
- Strong editorial decision making.
- Weekend and late night assignments as required.
- Anchoring news or weather may be required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Critical Qualifications/ Competencies:
- Post-secondary education with specialized broadcast training (i.e. Journalism Degree) or equivalent. On-air presentation experience as a Reporter in television is required. Video Journalist experience or training preferred. Anchor experience would be an asset.
- Strong research and communication skills.
- Strong creative abilities and leadership qualities.
- Ability to work quickly, deal with multiple demands and pressure of on-air deadlines.
- Knowledge of Atlantic Canada (history, geography, political and socio-economic conditions) and the challenges facing the region is desirable.
- Experience in the operation of ENG and non-linear editing equipment is preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and curiosity
- Excellent understanding of journalistic ethics is essential.
- Experience with "live" presentation.
- Demonstrated engagement with social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.) required.
- Experience providing content to digital platforms, including websites, preferred.
- Experience with iNews and Dejero technology preferred.
- Strong reliable team player.
- Creative storytelling skills and strong news judgment.
- Ability to consistently lift and carry up to 45 pounds.
- Valid class 5 driver's licence and a good driving record are required.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Temporary - Part Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 06/21/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax