Co-Host, Weather, Temporary Mat Leave
Bell Aliant in Halifax, NS
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week. Overtime as required based on operational needs. May include working nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Responsible for co-hosting CTV Morning Live or other CTV Atlantic programs as necessary.
• Produce weather segmentsfor CTV Atlantic as necessary, including preparing forecasts, associated graphics and other related content for dynamic presentation of weather segments on television, on the website and on social media.
• Identify, research, conduct interviews, shoot, write, edit, and report stories both in live or taped programming.
• Anchoring and/or producing programs and/or content as necessary.
• Develop story ideas or interviews for inclusion on CTV Morning Live and other news programs.
• Participate in and/or host community events regularly.
• Write and post stories for digital platforms as necessary.
• Other duties as required.
Critical Qualifications/ Compentencies:
• Minimum of seven years of on-air television experience, including as an anchor or host. Weather forecasting/announcing would be an asset.
• Established experience as a reporter or VJ is preferred.
• University degree in Journalism or Communications or equivalent is required. Meteorology accreditation or education would be an asset.
• Knowledge of political, economic and geographical information about the Maritimes would be considered an asset.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and present information in a high-stress, live environment, both in the field and in-studio.
• Strong on-camera presence. Proficiency in video journalism, including writing, shooting and editing skills would be an asset.
• Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office and iNEWS would be an asset.
• Experience and participation in community events would be an asset.
• A valid driver's license and a good driving record are required.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Temporary - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Application Deadline: 06/21/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada , NS , Halifax