Financial Planning Consultant, Edmonton
CIBC in Sherwood Park, AB
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
What You'll Be Doing
CIBC Financial Planning and Advice offers comprehensive financial planning and specialized wealth planning strategies to CIBC's high net worth clients, including estate planning, business transition planning, tax minimization strategies, protection planning and philanthropy.
As a CIBC Financial Planning Consultant you are accountable for providing expert financial planning and advice that specializes in wealth management solutions working in partnership with Senior Financial Planners in the Edmonton area. The team operates within the Investment Industry Regulatory Association of Canada (IIROC) framework or the Mutual Funds Dealer Association (MFDA).
How You'll Succeed
- Analysis- Analyze customer portfolios and prepare retirement/investment plans. Interview customers to define and analyze their needs and goals, find gaps, discuss solutions, recommend appropriate asset mix and close the sale.
- Service Focus - Educate customers about their investments and their portfolio. Educate Advisors and relationship managers about the role of the Financial Planning Consultant.
- Partnership- Share results of customer discussions and coordinate the delivery of products/services sold with the relationship manager. Identify opportunities to make referrals to other CIBC subsidiaries involved in client asset management and discuss with the relationship manage.
- Collaboration- maintain teamwork with relationship managers within the branch network in order to identify current and potential High Value Customers with investment, business transition and estate planning needs and obtain referrals. Conduct regular information sessions/seminars for relationship managers.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You're a certified professional. Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH) is required. Registered Representative status or MFDA status. Successful completion of the Certified Financial Planner designation (CFP) within 18 months of hire.
- You can demonstrate. Experience in structuring individual, complex retirement and investment solutions for high net worth clients; Understanding of economic and political impact on the business, legislation, competitors, regulators, trends, etc. typically acquired through 7 - 10 years of financial advisory/sales experience with High Net Worth clients
- You have knowledge in. Investment knowledge and expertise and strong understanding of markets sufficient to respond to detailed and complex inquiries from a sophisticated, knowledgeable and high net-worth client group.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. You may have to work flexible hours to meet client and team requirements.
- Frequent travel is required.