Consultant, Business %26 Operational Risk (15 Month Contract)
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
The Consultant will be accountable for leading the privacy and loss reporting and suspense accounts monitoring for Commercial Banking and Business Contact Centre to ensure adherence to established processes and procedures. You will be responsible for Quarterly key controls testing and KAR (Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities) reviews for the Business Contact Centre. You will provide management reporting to BCC Senior Management and Commercial Banking Business Partners on key compliance indicators to highlight performance and support continuous improvement. Support will be provided to the Senior Manager- Business & Operational Risk in managing short-term and long-term operational risk plans and audit results for the Business Contact Centre. The consultant will communicate on a regular basis on key objectives, priorities, targets etc. You will ensure critical information is communicated in a timely fashion and is fully understood by the recipients.
How You'll Succeed
- Privacy reporting - Act as SPOC for Commercial Banking privacy issues including escalation to business partners as necessary. Complete Privacy Breach reporting documentation for the Business Contact Centre (BCC) and Commercial Banking. Ensure adherence to privacy breach policies and procedures in regards to reporting and escalation timelines as established by CIBC Privacy Office . Educate Business Contact Centre and Commercial Banking employees on processes and procedures as they relate to privacy. Identify, track and report Privacy breach trends to BCC Senior Management . Provide assistance and advice to other areas of the Business Contact Centre and Commercial Banking, as required Conduct meetings, presentations and provide business-wide communications on important or trending privacy issues and/or events.
- Operational Risk Monitoring and Reporting - Conduct quarterly Financial Process Control (FPC), Operational Process Control (OPC), and Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) testing on behalf of the Business Contact Centre and input results in eGRC system (Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance) for Commercial Banking- Governance & Controls and BCC Accountable Officer review and sign-off. Complete quarterly independent KAR testing for Business Contact Centre. Identify any emerging trends from issues and problems, evaluate their impact and develop / recommend solutions to management where emerging trends may lead to potential operational risk for the business. Comply with CIBC's Information Security Policy and applicable Clean Desk Guidelines by working with employees to ensure that confidential information is protected and other Information Security requirements are followed; conduct routine spot checks to confirm compliance and manage monthly compliance reporting. Conduct quarterly testing on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements for opening business accounts and material changes. Prepare compliance reports in accordance with the compliance reporting calendar. Report on activities such as monthly/quarterly reporting and/or attestations on suspense accounts and monthly error and loss tracking.
- Process Risk Identification, Mitigation and Consulting - Perform root cause analysis of operational errors that have resulted in operational losses to the center or to the businesses supported by the center. Assist in the recovery of any operational losses. Administration of a portfolio of Suspense Accounts in accordance with Domestic standards on Suspense Account Management. Monitor and identify any potential operational risks and control deficiencies and recommend action plan. Assist the Sr. Manager, Business & Operational Risk in establishing and tracking internal audit reviews to be completed by each functional area within the BCC. Work with the Sr. Manager, Business & Operational Risk to ensure risk and compliance impacts of any bank policy are effectively communicated within the BCC. Act as a resource in responding to routine questions concerning interpretation and application of bank procedures and risk mitigation policies. Liaise with business partners on compliance issues as appropriate.
Who You Are
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- Proficiency in business software: Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- You have previous experience in an Audit and/or Control position along with hands on experience in AML Monitoring and Suspense Account Management processes.
- You possess comprehensive knowledge of CIBC RLRQ, Privacy and AML policies and procedures as they relate to areas of responsibility.
- You have working knowledge of the principles, process and practices of tactical Business Planning.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit