Senior Planning Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR PLANNING SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
- Responsible for creating and managing weekly project metrics
- Lead and develop complete ship work schedule for specific areas, as required.
- Liaise with Design and production engineering to ensure that information is current.
- Ensure that all data is configured and controlled through CMPIC.
- Create lessons learned sessions with planners for current and future projects.
- Provide expert guidance during the combat ship design to build process
- Integrated planning
- Other related duties as assigned
- 7 Years' experience in planning in "new build" naval shipbuilding required
- Must have senior experience planning on combat ships.
- Competent in AutoCAD as pertains to CMPIC software
- Proficient in Scheduling software Primavera P6
- Must be able to demonstrate a full working knowledge of complete ship plan including critical systems and milestones
- Understand monitoring and reporting of planning in support of production and commissioning total schedules.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.