Associate, Financial Planning %26 Advice Support
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
Financial Planning & Advice brings together financial planning service support, specialized advisory services such as Tax and Estate Planning, Business Transition, Wealth Strategists along with Financial Planning Consultants. These groups create a center of excellence to enhance delivery of our integrated Wealth Management offer. Financial Planning and Advice is part of the Commercial Banking and Wealth Management Team
What You'll Be Doing
You will report to the Director, Financial Planning and work in collaboration with key strategic partners, this position is responsible for providing consulting, planning, operational, and administrative support related to the implementation and administration of client Financial Planning Initiatives, productivity, training and accreditation management on a National level. You will provide support to the Senior Directors, FPCs, FPS, Wealth Strategist and Regional Office Managers on an on-going basis.
This role will act as a consultant and provide tactical guidance and specialized knowledge on sales reporting, training, accreditation, employee onboarding and off boarding, compliance standards and other areas ensuring that the on-going operation of Financial Planning teams is both effective and efficient.
How You'll Succeed
- Provide effective consultation and support to Regional Directors and their teams regarding topics of information and knowledge management, compliance, sales processes and reporting, performance metrics and tracking, accreditation, training and on-going development.
- Provide organizational support with employee onboarding/off boarding, expenses/DOE management, and information management
- Participate in the development of programs, tools or services by assessing the impact, effectiveness and feasibility of proposed changes (review options and proposals to ensure alignment with client needs and departmental direction)
- Participate and facilitate regular calls with regions on the topics above to ensure consistency and common understanding of the Financial Planning team standards. Where necessary, work with the Director, Financial Planning, Regional Director(s) and other relevant partners to take corrective action
- Encourage and support a continuous improvement culture within Financial Planning
- Support the teams in business and client risk mitigation by proactively identifying and preventing missed opportunities.
- Provide feedback on solutions, productivity and client interaction escalations
Who You Are
- Strong administration, organization, process management and implementation skills
- A mindset of continuous improvement to proactively review and enhance the tools and procedures used to provide organizational support to the team
- Well-developed and persuasive communication skills - to present, write and discuss with leaders and colleagues at varying levels
- Highly developed problem solving and decision making skills - able to analyze situations using appropriate reports to develop and implement solutions, often within narrow time frames
- Good knowledge of the financial planning business and industry will be a strong asset;
- Proven time management skills - ability to efficiently prioritize and balance numerous tasks and projects effectively
- Confidence and capability in leveraging alternate media (phone, live meeting, conference calls etc) to interact, collaborate and coach remotely
- Appropriate business acumen demonstrated by ability to understand and participate in business planning and the execution of associated business strategies
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. The working environment is fast paced and extended hours can be expected.
- Some regional travel within Canada may be required to support Regional Directors and their teams