CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll join CIBC's Chat & Social Media Contact Centre team. As a Chat Specialist, you'll play a key part in supporting the Contact Centre strategic objectives along with other lines of businesses such as Telephone Banking, Credit Card Services, and Simplii Financial. You'll ensure an optimal client experience when using our online and mobile banking channels. You'll be responding to customer inquiries or complaints through e-mails and our click to chat service.
How You'll Succeed
- Client Service Skills - Provide support to clients via written platforms by helping them to manage their accounts and products. Focus on each client experience and connect on a personal level to make every interaction meaningful. Connect and refer clients to the right CIBC contacts to enable their financial success.
- Problem Solving - Engage with our clients by asking questions, and putting yourself in the client's shoes. Act like an owner by taking accountability for client issues, and know when to lean on others to find solutions.
- Multitask - M anage up to two real time chats simultaneously to help clients address and resolve concerns.
- Communication - Demonstrate strong professional written communication skills while interacting with clients.
- Typing - Demonstrate high keyboarding / typing speed of at least 55 WPM.
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You engage with your heart and mind. You care about people and understand different perspectives. You listen and learn from the experiences of others.
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. The d epartment operates : 7 days a week, Monday - Friday from 7:00 am to Midnight and Saturday - Sunday from 9am - 6pm.
- The location for the role is on 750 Lawrence Avenue West, Toronto
- All applicants will be required to complete a writing skills assessment during the interview stage