Financial Analyst, Technology Finance
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
Reporting to the Director Technology Finance, this position is responsible for finance support for various application delivery teams (International Technology, Payments etc.). This role will provide support to the Director and Senior Manager for different activities including month end close, management reporting, forecasting/planning. Working with business partners and finance this individual will provide value-added financial analysis, advice, and guidance aimed at providing decision enablement to senior management. This includes highlighting potential issues/problems and recommending solutions, effectively supporting cost reductions and process improvements costs. This individual ensures that financial standards and CIBC policies are implemented and adhered to in terms of integrity, consistency, and accuracy.
How You'll Succeed
- Problem solving and analytical skills - ability to acquire necessary information to provide value-added advisory services to internal business partners including analysis and recommendations of the operating results and other initiatives. Throughout these activities you will identify potential issues/problems and provide timely solutions.
- Technical skills - possess excellent Excel and Essbase skills including knowledge of CIBC financial systems (CMR/IPS). High degree of knowledge of financial/management accounting and reporting as well as forecasting and planning processes.
- Communication skills - effectively articulate issues/recommendations via your analysis and assessment of financial results. You will maintain a close working relationship with your business partners in both Finance and Technology.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You have a degree in a related discipline and are working towards an accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA) and or MBA in Finance.
- You can demonstrate experience in financial business support, forecasting and championing continuous improvement. You also have experience in the management of financial operations including strategic business planning, forecasting and financial analysis. It's an asset if can provide decision support, collaboration and critical thinking.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.