Intermediate Oracle Database Developer
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As an Oracle DBA/Developer you will be joining CIBC's Remote Banking and Shared Services ECIS team to be responsible for the physical databases on specific database technologies; design and implement back-up, recovery, archiving and conversion strategies as well as develop solutions to meet the needs of a diverse range of business needs.
How You'll Succeed
- Database Development: Perform application query performance tuning, creation and support throughout the SDLC of database artefacts, development of PL/SQL scripts to meet project needs. Providing detailed technical knowledge in production and non-production databases to support ongoing business requirements. Manage database distribution, configuration, security and access requirements. Implement, design and develop physical databases.
- Production Support: Provide assistance to production support and operational teams related to reporting, capacity planning, back-up and restores.
- Detail Oriented: You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience in : 2-5 years experience and knowledge of application delivery process as an Oracle Database Administrator, ideally within an Agile environment. You have strong experience in PL/SQL development, SQL tuning, UNIX scripting and database administration. You have knowledge of and experience working with Oracle database technologies with a focus on ExaData databases. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of a team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision. You are passionate about client service - You want the work you do each day to result in a positive client experience.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive : Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop : Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper : Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit