Psychologist - Medical/Surgical/Cancer Care
Req ID: 23996
Location: CentralZone,Bethune Building - QEII
Department: 50017446 OPCZ Med/Surg/Cancer Care VG
Type of Employment: PermanentHourly PT (50%FTE) x 1position(s)
Union Status: HealthcareNSGEU Hlthcare
Posting Closing Date: 23-Sep-19
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia.We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
The Clinical Psychologist (PhD) is an essential member of the VG Med/Surg/Cancer Care Program within the Rehabilitation and Supportive Care portfolio of Nova Scotia Health Authority. Psychologists are responsible for the planning, delivery, and evaluation of services as well as the education and supervision of students. Nova Scotia Health Authority offers a CPA accredited pre-doctoral internship program in Clinical Psychology. The Psychologist provides assessment, intervention, teaching, research, and consultative services within an interdisciplinary approach to clinical care, and works collaboratively with Inter-professional team.
The primary focus of the service will be based in the psychosocial needs of individual who are inpatients and outpatients of the cancer services at the VGH and their families. The successful candidate will be required to provide psychological assessment and interventions, including psychotherapy, risk assessments, and make treatment recommendations to other members of the team and other health care providers.
The Psychologist may be required to provide services throughout the Rehabilitation and Supportive Care Services portfolio.
- Doctoral degree from a recognized, accredited program in either Clinical Psychology with a strong rehabilitation or clinical health psychology background, including a one-year accredited clinical pre-doctoral internship is required
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP) is required
- A minimum of 2 years training and experience working in rehabilitation is preferred
- Familiarity with behavioral or rehabilitation programming is highly desirable
- Familiarity with clinical health psychology assessments and interventions is highly desirable
- Formal training and clinical experience conducting brief in-patient psychological assessments, psychological interventions and consultation
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in formulating and implementing treatment plans
- Self-directed in his/her practice with an ability to work independently and as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team while dealing with challenging clinical situations
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in program evaluation and clinical research would be an asset
- Experience working in related area of practice preferred
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
- Permanent, part-time (50%) position; 37.5 hours biweekly
$45.9071 - $57.3839 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs, as a condition of employment. Additional documentations such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on timelines of delivering the ab ove.
This is a Healthcare NSGEU Hlthcare bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment.
Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are: Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Job Segment: Medical, Psychology, Rehabilitation, Public Health, Counseling, Healthcare