Senior Manager, DevOps
CIBC in Toronto, ON
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You'll be joining CIBC's Enterprise Data Platform team managing a team at the heart of CIBC's digital transformation, successfully delivering complex, enterprise-scale mobile projects involving multiple back-end systems. As a Senior Manager of DevOps Enablement, you'll oversee the ideation and implementation of easy, flexible, and safe automation solutions that enable our application delivery teams to enhance our client experience across CIBC technology. You'll work closely with your team to ensure appropriate delivery of support services, and ensure adherence to standards and operating procedures.
How You'll Succeed
- Understanding Requirements - Track and analyze development environments for specified services and implement controls and automation as needed. Work with clients and internal partners to determine, negotiate and manage services to the agreed standards. Monitor service levels to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend appropriate solutions.
- People Leadership - Lead and coach a high performing team of individuals. Direct, motivate, and develop your team, maximizing their contributions and professional growth. Share knowledge and collaborate to come up with effective solutions to problems.
- Relationship Management - Work closely with various internal and external technology partners to develop, test, and implement full deployment automation. Impact and improve the business by advising application owners on the technology possibilities and requirements.
Who You Are
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
- You have a degree/diploma in Computer Science, Business, and/or equivalent experience.
- You can demonstrate experience in meeting the support needs of various business units as a leader of people for 3 years, effectively managing changes to the environments and technology-based assets of the organization and assessing technical information to develop automation solutions that will improve process effectiveness, safety, and efficiency. You also have 5 years of experience with Unix. It's an asset if you have experience with Python .
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We also seek applicants possessing a wide range of abilities and are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contactMailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit