Mental Health Counsellor
Permanent Full Time
Reporting to the Manager of Mental Health and Addictions, this is a highly responsible clinical position that provides specialized and unique professional addictions/mental health services to the residents of Hopedale, Labrador. The incumbent will function as a member of an interdisciplinary and multi-agency team.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work
- Currently registered with NLASW
- 2 years current experience (within the last 5 years) in an addictions and/or mental health setting
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of professional addictions and concurrent disorder, Best Practice Standards as it relates to assessment, treatment, planning, counselling, and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability in interviewing and crisis intervention techniques
- Demonstrated analytical, as well as, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated independence, initiative, and ability to work with others
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule, may include evenings and weekends
- Use of a private vehicle and valid driver license are a condition of employment
- A satisfactory certificate of conduct
- Provides intake, screening, comprehensive assessments and intensive treatment and intervention in the context of an interdisciplinary team;
- Completes accurate and timely clinical documentation through the Client Referral Management System;
- Utilizing a community development approach, work with community agencies to identify and respond to addictions/mental health needs;
- Develops and facilitates linkages between regional and community based resources and identified community addictions/mental health needs;
- Provides consultative services to and works in cooperation with health care providers and a variety of Provincial and Federal Government Departments to provide an addictions/mental health and psychosocial components of intervention, education and prevention programs;
- Facilitates educational and training sessions as required;
- As a member of the Regional Mental Health and Addictions Services team, provides supports to the other members of the interdisciplinary team, which may include providing coverage and/or travelling to various parts of the region to assist with service delivery;
- Maintains a specialized level of knowledge and skill pertaining to adolescent addictions/mental health treatment and education/prevention programming;
- Participates in service planning as part of the interdisciplinary team;
- Participates in clinical supervision and continuous quality improvement initiatives;
- Other related duties as required.
- CG - 39 of the NAPE-HP salary scales, $34.36 to $38.45 per hour plus the applicable Labrador Allowance.
Hours of Work:
- 75 hours biweekly, flexible work hours are required.
This position is open to both male and female applicants.
Interested applicants please submit resume, stating competition number 2019000195N, to:
Labrador - Grenfell Regional Health Authority
P.O. Box 7000, Station. C
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL, A0P 1C0
Tel: (709) 897-2164 Fax: (709) 896-4741
Apply online at www.careers.lghealth.ca
Posting Date: May 30, 2019
Open Until Filled
cc: NAPE HP