Manager, Commercial Banking
CIBC in Humboldt, SK
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
As a Manager, Commercial Banking, you will manage and grow a portfolio of commercial banking clients by proactively developing new business opportunities in the community and ensuring clients' day-to-day banking needs are being met at the highest level. You will not be just a banker, you will be a banking partner, a true champion for our clients' businesses, who will be committed to delivering on flexible business solutions, dedicated business expertise and timely business advice to help our clients realize their goals.
How You'll Succeed
- Relationship Building - Develop new client relationships through business development activities leveraging referral sources, existing clients and centres of influence. Actively monitor and manage these relationships by fully understanding our client's goals, objectives and status of our clients business.
- Provide Solutions - Proactively assess client needs and propose solutions to deliver what matters to our clients. Structure, negotiate and document credit and cash management arrangements with clients and prospects that meet client needs.
- Collaborate - Work with internal partners to connect clients with opportunities. Commit to building a profile in the local business community in order to leverage that profile into effective working relationships with new and existing clients and internal partners.
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You have well-developed client and relationship management skills. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions.
- You demonstrate experience in: Commercial or business banking, proven business development skills, and a solid understanding of financial statements and account principles including valuation techniques and cash flow analysis. You have experience managing the credit quality of a portfolio of commercial banking clients that have credit needs, generally in the $250K-$5MM range, and/or complex cash management requirements.
You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You have a degree/diploma in. Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.
- Due to the nature of the role, you are expected to remain a minimum of 24 months in the role before you may be eligible for other job opportunities within the organization.