Senior Technical Writer - Energy
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Senior Writer designs and develops specifications or procedures to support clients within the Oil & Energy Sector. The Senior Technical Writer possesses and applies expertise to interview SMEs and conduct research necessary to produce accurate, comprehensive, effective and concise information assets for various audience types.
- Analyzes source content
- Designs information for conciseness, accuracy, effectiveness, and eliminates non-essential content
- Organizes and facilitates Working Sessions and Review Sessions with SMEs, ensuring focus and timely results
- Interfaces directly with multiple stakeholders within the client base
- Manages multiple information assets and delivery schedules in a dynamic environment
- Adheres to Quality Assurance practices prior to distributing information assets to the clients
- Possesses 5 years or more of experience developing content for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Comfortable with software applications and technology in general, especially database concepts
- Demonstrates structured writing competencies
- Demonstrates strong leadership and customer facing skills
- Has experience working with remote team members, and leveraging best practices and enabling technologies to do so effectively
- Strong customer-facing written and verbal communication skills
- Structured writing skills/competencies
- Proficiency in a variety of PC tools and applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet aggressive timelines
- Post-secondary education required
- Professional consulting skills and business acumen to interact with clients and SMEs, managing outcomes to negotiate a win-win for all involved
- Ability to identify risks, impacts, and mitigation strategies, and to clearly communicate such to Program/Project Managers
Work With Us
We thank all candidates for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovatia is an equal opportunity employer.