Supply Chain Solutions Specialist
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SUPPLY CHAIN SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc.is hiring a Supply Chain Solutions Specialist. This is a permanent full-time staff role based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The Supply Chain Solutions Specialist will use analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, and enhance direct and indirect supply chain processes, helping the business increase cash flows, inventory turns, and employee productivity. Focus will include assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations which support SCM planning and operations. As well the Supply Chain Solutions Specialist is responsible for the administration, maintenance and development of procurement systems and databases, like but not limited to ERP and Procurement. Increasing levels of automation for greater operational productivity.
- Systems Maintenance - able to diligently provide systems maintenance across operational system applications.
- User support -Advise users on the optimal methods to utilize system applications;
- Reports - generate alerts identifying when a problem occurs and enable proactive steps to contain the damage.
- Development - Use various forecasting tools and techniques to predict future demand.
- Optimization - Apply various tools like Excel and Supply Chain Guru to accomplish supply chain goals.
- Administration and maintenance of procurement systems and databases supporting functional performance.
- Standard reporting of system tool usage and performance ;
- Generation/development/maintenance of KPIs;
- Facilitation of procurement event using system tools, eg. eAuctions;
- Analyze supply chain operations, performance KPIs, cost metrics, and other related subject areas
- Investigates problems, finds root causes, and develops solutions
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate opportunities, identify issues, trends, frame analytic solutions and drive results
- Partners with the stakeholders as a data expert to design and create data solutions for them to drive actions
- Responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and validity of all data
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data collection policies and procedures
- Tells a story with data to stakeholders and present data in a way that both technical and non-technical audiences can understand
- Manage multiple projects and act as the face of analytics, attend and lead meetings, interact with executives and intake request and actions
- Completes all administrative tasks included with the role
- 3-5 years systems administration and maintenance experience in a supply chain, or engineering function.
- Hold at least a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer science
- Energy to vigorously explore options in search of realistic solutions
- Uses data to explain operational behaviours;
- Positive outlook;
- Ability to work constructively in a team environment;
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Attention to detail;
- Collaborative nature;
- Customer focused.
- Doesn't settle for average
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.