Senior Vice President- Canadian Surface Combatant Program
Irving Shipbuilding in Halifax, NS
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, CANADIAN SURFACE COMBATANT PROGRAM
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7 or 155 Chain Lake Drive Halifax NS B3S 1B3, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
This is a permanent full time staff role based in Halifax, NS.
Reporting to the President, the Senior Vice President, Canadian Surface Combatant Program will have responsibility and authority over all aspects of Irving Shipbuilding's preparations to execute the Canadian Surface Combatant program, fulfilling the requirements in a competent and timely manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing and monitoring Shipyard and support contractor staffing, ship and combat system design evaluation, supply chain evaluation and management, oversight and management of major suppliers, estimating, scheduling, risk assessments, and all aspects of preparing the ship design for construction at Irving Shipbuilding.
- Managing and responding to all Government requirements for reporting and deliverables involving the CSC Program.
- Coordinating and leading the efforts of the existing Vice Presidents of Programs, Planning, and Supply Chain who will report to you for CSC related matters and building a collaborative relationship with these senior executives.
- Coordinating and leading the efforts of the Vice President of CSC Engineering - a new position also being established.
- Leading the development of program strategy and plans
- Managing major partners and suppliers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 25 years relevant experience in leadership positions in the Naval Marine environment
- Significant knowledge of Ship Systems (including Combat Systems), Operations, Maintenance, and Construction are required
- Proven ability in significant Project/Program leadership positions working with a Government and Naval customer base and significant experience interfacing with senior Government and Industry decision makers
- Ability to manage through teamwork and influence
- A bachelor's degree and a master's degree are required
- Proven ability to lead a team to achieve high performance levels in a complex fast moving environment
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: Maccharles.Tracey@irvingshipbuilding.com
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.