Java Developer - Front-End
Job Title: Java Developer - Front-End
Location: Fredericton, NB, Charlottetown, PE or Remote
Do you have equal parts technology and vision? Do you see yourself as the bridge between the designer and the back-end programmer? Are you creative and tech-savvy? If so, we want to hear from you!
About the role
As a Java Developer - Front-End, you will work as a part of a larger team to design and develop custom front-end solutions that meet the needs of the business and those of our clients. This role will also participate as a member of a scrum team and will therefore be required to participate in mutually deliverable goals and will have to coordinate efforts that maximize the contributions of the group.
What you'll be doing
- Provide front-end development analysis, design and delivery.
- Be the go-to person for making the user interface look and feel as modern as possible.
- Be the go-to person to debug or troubleshoot any user interface related issues or problems.
- Out of the box thinker who can envision various UI flows.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- 5+ years of experience with a server-side language (Java, Scala, Node.JS)
- Experience working with modern front-end frameworks such as Anglular or React, along with Bootstrap, webpack, and other popular tooling.
- Familiarity with APIs and Web Services
- Well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques - including development methodologies and best practices
- Intermediate to strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based applications
- Results-oriented, product-focused ability to produce excellent work cross-functionally
- Exceptional observation and listening skills; ability to recognize user experience needs and convert into product design
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong web application coding skills, interface design and visual design
A little bit about us
At Accreon, Inc., we're using leading-edge technologies to provide our clients with top-level solutions. Our services range from full system development to managing complex hosted infrastructures in the cloud. We work with a diverse range of public and private sector interests.
We are strongly committed to creating a positive working environment for our employees, and we strive to give them opportunities to broaden their experience and constantly acquire leading-edge industry skills.
Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, make decisions, achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career.
Work with Us
The Accreon, Inc. culture is one that promotes a healthy work/life balance. Our team of dynamic individuals are passionate about our community at home and abroad.
Some of our perks
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Excellent health benefits and RRSP package
- Flexible vacation plan
- Training, certification and mentorship to ensure you're constantly learning
- Casual team environment with Friday Happy Hour.
- and many other perks
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, Accreon is at the center of this change - supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At Accreon, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals' benefit from the value we collectively create.
Come join our team!
Learn more about Accreon at www.accreon.com
Accreon thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Accreon is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.