Accounts Processing Officer
CIBC in Toronto, ON
Client Account Management and Business Controls plays an important role in the growth and profitability of the Retail and Business Banking Group by managing CIBC's loan losses and operational losses, retaining revenue sources and improving margins. The business unit has two key functions: it manages receivables, and it protects both the bank and clients from fraudulent activities. A large and complex business, CAM services all of the bank's retail products across multiple channels and segment The Accounts Processing Team supports internal partners and third-party relationships and networks to maximize recoveries of problem receivables.
The Accounts Processing Officer is responsible for providing support to various client groups and business partners within Recovery Operations. The individual in this role provides payment processing services and support to various client groups across the organization with strong emphasis on recoveries and governance and compliance, while fostering a continuous improvement culture.
- Receive requests from internal client groups, validate information and process in accordance with outlined procedures to ensure customer/client satisfaction and comply with rules and regulations.
- Review Mailboxes as instructed, an respond to requests from management, internal and external partners, as they relate to credit balance accounts, IBB & ROO requests and escalations, answer questions and concerns, investigating, responding and providing direction as appropriate.
- Validate Payment source and amount in a timely manner according to instructions as per established policies and procedures to mitigate risk to CIBC
- Escalate any discrepancies, and communicate processes and procedures; act upon any discrepancies to mitigate risk to CIBC.
- Navigate through various host systems i.e. Plexus, Target, Delinquency Recovery System (DRS), Debt Recovery Network (DRN) etc.
- Review individual client circumstances using a variety of tools in order to execute recommendations and decide on appropriate action.
- Identify and recommend improvements to operations to increase efficiency of processes and systems while maintaining Online Support Tools (OST) attestation.
- Review adhoc reports and projects as requested by management
- Maintain relationships, information sharing and gathering with internal and external business partners.
- Work closely with internal and external client groups while monitoring service level agreements.
- Interact with management to provide information on client escalations, investigation of payment sources, trends in volumes and potential impacts to service level agreements
- Adapt communication style to multiple audience levels.
- Comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls, and ensure these policies are applied consistently.
- Maintain CIBC's professional image and Code of Conduct.
- Maintain confidentiality and security standards.
- Leverage networks and improve knowledge of Client Account Management, governance, audit and compliance practices.
- Provide support functions to internal and external client groups.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to suggest and express an idea or thought to make effective presentations.
- Strong knowledge of CAM processes and procedures as well as legislative/regulatory requirements related to recovery portfolios.
- Working knowledge of loan security documentation, record retention policy and compliance and control requirements
- Able to gather, organize and analyze data to identify gaps and provide solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office software for reporting purposes.
- Good working knowledge of Bank Host systems, an asset.
- Good practical knowledge of CIBC or other Financial Institution products, an asset.
- Must exhibit CIBC's values of trust, teamwork and accountability
- Fast-paced environment with a back end processing component.
- Predominantly computer oriented, requiring the use of diverse bank system software to complete required tasks and accountabilities.
- Location: 750 Lawrence Ave. W, Toronto
- Hours: Mon - Friday: 7.30 - 5 p.m.(rotating schedule)