Staples Canada in Summerside, PE
Who we are
Staples Canada is The Working and Learning Company. We are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that's you, let's work, learn and grow together.
Some of what you do
As the General Manager, you're responsible for enabling our work, learn, and grow culture; for our customers and associates. You model and nurture a sales culture built on connecting, sharing, and partnering to help our customers achieve their working and learning goals. You inspire our customers and associates; delivering financial results and achieving operational excellence. You foster an environment in which associates develop skills and knowledge, and where they feel engaged and empowered.
- Provide leadership and shape the sales culture at the store.
- Own and nurture the customer experience.
- Lead the referral-based business development to grow sales and customer loyalty.
- Provide team leadership through hiring, onboarding, learning & development, and coaching.
- Manage costs and meet all operational and financial metrics.
- Ensure the store location is maintained to standard.
- Oversee loss prevention procedures and drive compliance.
Some of what you need
- 5 years of Retail Management experience
- Proven track record of achieving customer service excellence and sales results
- Affinity with technology
- Be a dynamic, inspiring partner to our customers and for our associates
- Solutions Finder
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
- Exposure to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the copy equipment and the ringing of the telephone and internal paging system.
- Required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends.
** Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.