Senior Manager, Real Estate Credit Risk, Western Canada
CIBC in Vancouver, BC
We're on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we're looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You'll Be Doing
You will be responsible for adjudicating real estate credit applications within your delegated lending authority, managing a portfolio of real estate credits and partnering with Business Banking officers through regular dialogue, consultation, and periodic visits. Through exercising good credit judgment, you will ensure that effective credit policies and strategies are in place and are adhered to so as to sustain the quality of the real estate credit portfolio under management as well as to support effective portfolio growth and diversification The ideal candidate will possess superior analytical skills, the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment, and demonstrate a long term commitment to learning and continuous improvement.
How You'll Succeed
Adjudicate Credit Applications - You will adjudicate real estate credit applications within your designated portfolio and lending authority.
Portfolio Management - You will proactively manage a credit portfolio of real estate credits through sound financial and non-financial analysis as well as an understanding of emerging trends within the regional economic, industry and business environments.
Relationship Building - You will develop strong relationships with internal partners, external intermediaries and industry associations and provide mentoring, advice, and guidance on credit risk matters to internal partners and more junior team members in order to assist in developing satisfactory credit solutions within acceptable risk parameters.
Who You Are
- You have a degree in Business , either at the undergraduate or Masters level, with other designations considered an asset (i.e. CFA and CPA).
- You can demonstrate experience in real estate banking lending policies, procedures and practices (minimum 5 years) including loan structuring, risk identification and mitigation, asset valuations and recovery strategies. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making. You have the ability to perform analytical work accurately, often under time pressure. It's an asset if you can also demonstrate client facing experience in a real estate banking environment.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.
- Based in Vancouver, the Real Estate Credit Risk Management team of professionals offer expertise in the adjudication and oversight of real estate credit risk transactions originated by Real Estate Financing Division within Western Canada - British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon and the Territories. On occasion, you may be required to adjudicate real estate credits outside of Western Canada.